Terms & Conditions
Please note that all control of HEATHERFIELD LODGE rests with us (the owners) or as delegated in our absence to the Caretaker.
- HEATHERFIELD LODGE is let under Section 12(2) and Paragraph 8, Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This means that it is to be used for holiday lets only and may not be sub-let. The maximum number of visitors permitted is seven (6 + baby).
- HEATHERFIELD LODGE may be booked for periods of one week to four weeks. Shorter breaks of a minimum of 4 nights are by arrangement.
- A letting week runs from 3pm on the Saturday of arrival until 10am on the following Saturday unless otherwise stated.
- Provisional bookings can be held for 7 days and will only be confirmed after the receipt of a signed booking form and the deposit.
- Bookings, for the weeks requested, are subject to the accommodation still being available.
- The booking form, signed by you, the applicant / hirer, together with our acceptance of a deposit or a web booking will constitute a contract. Bookings by persons under 18 years of age cannot be accepted. The number of people occupying the property is limited to that stated at the time of booking, unless by prior consent with the owner.
- The rental is to be paid in full not less than six weeks before the starting date.
- Entry time: 3pm day of arrival. Departure time: 10am day of departure.
- Provided the notice of cancellation is received not less than six weeks before the start of your holiday, as provided above, only the deposit will be forfeited.
- If however notice to cancel is in the 6 weeks prior to booking start date and we are, in addition, unable to re-let the accommodation for the same period at the same rate, then you will be liable to pay the total cost of the booking. However, every endeavour will be made to re-let on the hirer’s behalf.
- We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to protect yourself against financial loss in case you are obliged to cancel your holiday because a member of your party becomes ill. Two insurance companies, which specialise in this cover, areSchofields Ltd. tel: 01204 365080 and J.L. Morris Ltd. tel: 01202 642840
- You, the hirer, are to stay personally at HEATHERFIELD LODGE throughout the holiday and are solely responsible for the whole party. Assignees and sub-tenants are prohibited. The number of persons, using HEATHERFIELD LODGE is not to exceed seven. We are entitled to refuse accommodation to any person who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge, or whose behaviour is deemed unacceptable. We are entitled to terminate the hire if these conditions are broken.
- We do not allow pets in the house at any time.
- When you sign the booking form, you are guaranteeing to us that you have the authority to sign on behalf of all the persons, who will use HEATHERFIELD LODGE during the holiday booked.
- From the time of arrival, you and any other persons, accompanying you, take full responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered by you or those accompanying you while on HEATHERFIELD LODGE ground, except where such loss, injury or damage is directly due to the acts or omissions by ourselves or those employed by us.
- You also agree to keep HEATHERFIELD LODGE and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the accommodation in the same state of repair as at the start of the let, and will make good any damage, breakage or loss occurring during the let. The property and all fitments, furniture, utensils, equipment, etc. are to be left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the let.
- We will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the hirer or any other person may suffer or incur. If for any reason beyond our control (e.g. fire, storm damage, illness, etc.) HEATHERFIELD LODGE is not available on the date booked, we will refund in full all monies paid by you, the hirer. We shall not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience resulting from such unavailability and you, the hirer, shall have no claim against us.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If, however, you have cause for complaint, we are anxious that remedial action is taken as quickly as possible. It is essential you contact us so that any remedial action can be speedily implemented.